Saturday, October 27, 2007

Fun after a long week

We had a little fun tonight after the long week of fires and disruptions...

We attended Jim W and John's annual Halloween Party. They have a great house overlooking Mission Valley, with multiple levels of decks and a fabulous party bar and patio downstairs. We met up with old and new friends and almost everyone was dressed up for Halloween. Check out our costumes below.
Jim = pirate. Jamie = Lady Bug. Story behind that... every year up till this one, she's been a Disney princess of some sort. This year she's outgrown the princesses. Since our little dog Candy is going to be a bumblebee, Jamie decided on a Lady Bug costume to complement Candy's costume. Ann = Lindsay Lohan (sort of). My intent was to be Lindsay (you know that "famous" photo from May where she was passed out in the car?)? Anyway, I decided that would be fun to do and a friend suggested I should play up the DUI aspect and make a cardboard box "car" to go along with the outfit. Sooo... thinking it would be a couple of hours, I proceeded to spend about 5 hours on Saturday making a Halloween "car costume." And bought the blond wig to be Lindsay. But then even with the extra make-up and wig, Jamie told me that I looked nothing like Lindsay Lohan (leave it to the children to set us straight). So I told her, well, then... I'm Lindsay's mother! So my last minute costume change was from Lindsay to "Mrs." Lohan...

Happy Halloween, all! And good luck with the re-habitation and clean-up in San Diego.

No comments: